Sunday, August 9, 2020

The Covid Files

During the coronavirus epidemic I was confined to my

house-studio in Thessaloniki, Greece. The quarantine

proved to be very fruitful and creative for me. I began

creating daily photo collages depicting various moods

and emotions such as introspection, frustration, inner anguish and

isolation. I guess sometimes we need a kind of shock to remove

us from our comfort zone and awaken our latent creative

powers.

Several of the images were chosen to be exhibited at the

FotoLimo Festival (27 September 2020) and the Photography

Museum of Thessaloniki (October-January 2020). The work

was also featured in the PandeMIA: Future Under Construction

Project, the MoMus Resilience Project, the Art Instead Project,

the Curarta Project and publications such as Clavoardiendo , Περί ου,

Παρέμβαση and Θεσσαλονικέων Πόλις.







No comments:

Post a Comment